Starting Thursday, Dec. 17, OFL will be transitioning to Lobby Holds Pickup ONLY.
Monday: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
You must have a valid Onondaga County Public Library card to utilize OFL’s Lobby Holds Pickup service.
If you do not have a library card, you can register for a temporary digital card. When you are comfortable coming in the library again, you can stop in with the appropriate forms of identification to receive a permanent physical card. Click here to learn more.
- NOTE: No holds will be processed during the last half hour of library operations. For example, on Fridays, when the library closes at 5pm, only those holds placed before 4:30pm will be available. All other holds will be processed on the following day that the library is open.
Lobby Holds Pickup Procedure:
1. RESERVE ITEMS via our online catalog or call the library.
To support social distancing efforts, libraries offering pickup are operating with very limited staff and returns are being quarantined for at least 7 days. Due to these special circumstances, wait times for holds placed online are currently longer than usual. Thanks for your patience.
2. Book a timeslot: After you receive your automatic notification, book a pickup timeslot online or by calling the library.
- Items can be held for 7 days- If you do not pick up in that time, your holds will go back into circulation.
- Note: If you receive multiple notifications for holds, all of the holds that come in before your pickup timeslot will be grouped together so you can pick them all up at the same time.
NOTE: No holds will be processed during the last half hour of library operations. For example, on Fridays, when the library closes at 5pm, only those holds placed before 4:30pm will be available. All other holds will be processed on the following day that the library is open.
3. WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Enter the front vestibule.
- Must wear face covering.
- If someone else in the vestibule, please wait before entering.
- Take the bag(s) with your name.
Do I have to make an appointment?
Yes. Book a pickup timeslot online or by calling the library.
Where do I park?
Anywhere in the parking lot.
Do I have to call the library when I arrive for my appointment?
No. Just come inside the front vestibule and grab the bag with your name.
How long can I have these materials?
A receipt with your due dates will be in the bag with your materials. Most materials will have TWO automatic renewals as long as there are no holds on the items.
What materials are available for pick-up?
Most physical materials available at Onondaga County Public Libraries, including books, audiobooks DVDs and CDs. Some libraries, including OFL, have made some materials, such as Library of Things items and park passes, only available for pickup at their owning library. We are not currently taking requests for Interlibrary Loans (items from outside the OCPL system).
Can library staff help me find something to read/view?
Yes- Call the library during business hours listed above or fill out our contact us form and a librarian will help.
What about returns?
All returns must be made via book drops. Learn more.
What is the library doing to protect the safety of patrons and library staff?
- Our new contact-free lobby pickup model we are using provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and our staff.
- All returned materials are being quarantined for at least 7 days. Learn more about returns.
- All patrons and staff are required to wear a mask when using OFL’s Lobby Holds Pickup service.
Can I come in the library?
While OFL is in the Lobby Holds Pickup mode, the building is CLOSED to the public. Learn more on our Library Reopening and Updates page.