OFL is closed until further notice due to the Coronavirus.
UPDATE 5/22/20: OFL is working on a plan for a phased reopening starting with taking returns and then curbside pickup. We do not have any definitive dates yet but will provide them as soon as possible.
Dear Onondaga Free Library Patrons,
I hope this update finds you safe and well and that the library's programs, resources and services are helping to support you during this challenging time.
Since the County Executive announced the Central Library and the city branches would be offering limited curbside pickup on May 26th, I wanted to provide you with an update on where Onondaga Free Library is in this process. The Central Library and the city branches are a department of County government.
As a free association library, Onondaga Free is an independent non-governmental entity that falls under the Governor’s shutdown order and subsequent re-opening guidelines. We are waiting for additional state guidance on what this means for reopening in phases, likely to begin with curbside service pickup of materials.
We are working on plans for how and when we reopen. We will do this carefully and keep you informed of any developments. Our biggest concern is the health and safety of staff and patrons and we will take the time to reopen in a safe and thoughtful manner.
Staff is available to answer your questions or offer assistance via email at email@example.com or by phone between 9am and noon Mondays and also on Fridays.
Wireless internet is available from the library parking lot from 8 am to 9 pm daily.
Thank you, and stay safe.
Onondaga Free Library is monitoring information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The health and safety of our staff and patrons are our priority. We’re following guidance from state and local public health agencies so we can respond as needed as this situation develops. Click here for more information.
Important OFL Updates:
- OFL IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Our bookdrop is unavailable. Please keep items until the library reopens.
- Due dates on all items currently checked out are being extended through July 1st (UPDATED 4/17/2020). No late fees will accrue on items that were originally due during the closure period.
- Holds that are listed as ready for pick-up at OFL will be held until July 8th (UPDATED 4/17/2020). Disregard the "pick-up by" date listed in your account.
- Email reference: firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to fill out online form. Library staff will respond within 24 hours.
- Telephone reference is available Mondays AND Fridays, 9am - noon.
- All programs have been canceled or postponed until further notice.
- The library's WiFi is active everyday 8am to 9pm. Network Name: OFLibrary; Password: onondaga - Park in OFL's parking lot to access it!
Always keep in mind that the library offers so much more than our physical collections. OFL cardholders have access to...
- Thousands of free e-book and e-audiobook titles as well as music, movie and digital magazine downloads through our digital collections.
- Homework help is available for students and parents/caregivers.
- Databases and online reference
- We are adding new digital catalogs, homeschool resources and more to our website as they become available.
Follow us on social media (@OnondagaFreeLib - links in footer) as we will be sharing library, community and health updates. We will also inform you of new online resources as they become available. Finally, we will be sharing some feel-good stories to brighten your day during this trying time.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.