This November, participate in Food for Fines Week at OFL! During the week of November 7-13, bring in non-perishable, undamaged, unexpired food items. For each food item you bring in, we will reduce your fines by a maximum of $10. All food items will be donated to a local food pantry in the Onondaga Hill community.
Rules & Regulations:
- Donated non-perishable food items may NOT be opened, damaged or expired– If an item is any of these three, library staff will not accept and that item will not be counted towards waiving library fines.
- For each food item you bring in, a $1.00 will be waived from your overdue fees. Maximum waiver per library card: $10.00.
- Only overdue fees will be waived- Fines for lost/damaged items or collection agency fees will NOT be waived.
- Patrons who don't have fines are also encouraged to make donations of non-perishable food items. Credits, though, will NOT be made to those accounts.
- If you wish to have fines waived, you must bring the food items to a library staff member at the front desk during regular hours of operation.
- Patrons who wish to have their fines waived must be present and have their library card or photo ID.
This food drive will end on November 13th at 4 p.m. Any food donations brought to the library after that will not be accepted and fines will not be waived. Please bring any food donations to your local food bank/pantry.